Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Gabrielle's Hello Kitty Cake

This cake was made for my friend Adonis' daughter Gabrielle for her 5th birthday. I had made a cake for her big sister Sienna for her birthday a few months prior so I thought it was only far that I make one for Gabby too. Plus, I never pass up an opportunity to make a cake hehe. I had been noticing that pink and black were very popular with girls, and I've wanted to make something using those colors so I decided to use them for this cake. I had also seen this stacked floral design on another cake and thought it was really cute so I incorporated that as well. To tie it all together, I added some Hello Kitty rings that I had to the corners. 


To make the flowers for this cake, I used fondant and covered them with disco dust for some sparkle. When making the flowers, I didn't take into consideration the length of Gabby's name and the size of the flowers so I had to lay them in a zigzag type pattern to make it all fit. I could have just put Gabby instead of Gabrielle and it would have fit fine, but with a name as beautiful as hers I wanted to spell the whole thing out.


Aside from the slight technical difficulties with the flower layout, I think the cake came out pretty cute. I love the colors and the sparkly flowers. Plus, I absolutely love Hello Kitty :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment