Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Brandon's SpongeBob SquarePants Cake

This is a cake that I made for my son Brandon for his 5th birthday. Originally, I had planned on making a decorated half sheet cake with SpongeBob characters on top of the cake. While rushing to helping my son's father set up for the party, I left some important supplies at my mother's house. I had yet to finish the cake and the party was getting ready to start soon so I had to improvise and come up with a new design for the cake. My son's dad suggested to make the cake look like SpongeBob himself so I thought I would give it a try. Mind you, I've never made a cake like this before, I had to take images from the party decorations to help me with SpongeBob's details, and I was rushing to make the cake while the party was already going on and all my family and guests were watching me so I did the best that I could considering the situation. Aside from the bad picture due to the crappy phone camera, and my lack of time and equipment, I thought the cake came out pretty cute. I would like to try this cake again under better circumstances and proper tools hehe...


No comments:

Post a Comment