Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

During Christmas time of last year, some of my coworkers and I decided to do a secret Santa for an appreciation dinner that we were going to attend. For my gift for my secret Santa, I wanted to make something yummy to give instead of buying something so I decided to make chocolate covered strawberries. These strawberries are one of my absolute favorite treats to make and to eat so I couldn't think of anything better to give. Plus, I've never met anyone who didn't like chocolate covered strawberries hehe...


I bought these big beautiful strawberries from my local Sam's Club. My Sam's Club has the best produce, especially their strawberries. For the coating, I used Baker's milk and white chocolate that I got from Walmart. Baker's brand chocolate leaves a nice shell coating and tastes really good. I made half of the strawberries milk chocolate dipped with white chocolate drizzle, and the other half white chocolate dipped with milk chocolate drizzle. I was originally going to give my coworker (Sam) 2 dozen strawberries, but 20 was all that I could fit in the container so thats what I gave. I had dipped 24 so my husband and I helped ourselves to the leftover 4 that wouldn't fit :-)


These chocolate covered strawberries were absolutely delicious, and Sam really liked them as well. My secret Santa was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment