Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pink Zebra Heart Sugar Cookies

One day while looking through pictures on Pinterest, I came across some adorable sugar cookies. I followed the link to the website and found this great site called glorioustreats.com. This site has tons of great recipes, beautiful pictures, and step-by-step instructions on how to assemble and decorate all different kinds of cookies, cupcakes and a bunch of other cool things. There was a recipes for the sugar cookies that the website's owner Glory uses for all of her cookies, as well as the royal icing that she uses to decorate them with. She also posted helpful decorating tips for working with the royal icing. I decided to try the recipes out and made these pink zebra heart sugar cookies.


The design and colors for these cookies were inspired by a birthday cake that I did just the day before. I sprinkled a little disco dust on them to give them a pretty sparkle. This was my first attempt at making homemade sugar cookies and royal icing. I thing that I should have made the black icing slightly thinner, but overall I think the cookies came out nice for my first try. I love the color combination, and the disco dust really enhances the appeal of the design.


Glory even posted instructions on how to make your own cute packaging labels for the cookies using cardstock scrapbook paper. I found some really pretty glitter cardstock at Hobby Lobby, as well as some really cute bubble stickers that had a pink zebra design on them. I really like how the labels came out. There is enough room in the center if I chose to put a personal message of some sort. This a great, fun and pretty idea to have a nice presentation for a party, or to give as gifts during the holidays. I will definitely use these recipes again, and I've learned a lot from Glory. If you love to bake like I do, www.glorioustreats.com is definitely worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment