Monday, July 30, 2012

Peanut Butter Brownie Bottom Cheesecake

Cheesecake is my absolute favorite dessert. I am always experimenting with different recipes and flavors to come up with fun and delicious new cheesecakes. One day while surfing the web for a new recipe to try, I came across a photo of a cheesecake just like this. The photo instantly caught my attention, and I just knew that I had to try this recipe out. I have been a Reese's cup lover since I was a kid, and love pretty much anything that has chocolate and peanut butter. Combining my love for cheesecake and Reese's seemed like a match made in heaven, not to mention a yummy brownie layer on the bottom. This is my re-creation of the original recipe.


Of all the kinds of cheesecakes that I've tried, peanut butter is definitely my favorite. This 1 is paired with a rich chewey brownie bottom made with double strength Madagascar bourbon vanilla extract (ordered from The Pampered Chef). In between the brownie and cheesecake layers is a layer of milk chocolate and peanut butter chips, as well as chopped up Reese's cups. Milk chocolate ganache is drizzled on the top, and Reese's cups are cut in half and arranges around the top border.


This is definitely my most popular cheesecake that customers request, as well as a big hit with my family and friends. This cheesecake can also be made without the brownie bottom, and used with a crust bottom instead. I usually use a pretzel crust to add a little saltiness and crunchiness to the delicious chocolate and peanut butter (kind of like a Take 5 candy bar). If I use a crust, I also use regular granulated sugar instead of light brown sugar. Either way you make it, it is a real treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment