Sunday, July 22, 2012

Hill Wedding Cake

This is a wedding cake that I did for an old co-worker's best friend. The bride wanted a very simple cake which was convenient for me since this was my very first wedding cake and I was a nervous wreck (hehe). I was able get some experience making a wedding cake without having to attempt anything too complicated for my first try so I was happy. I thought it came out nice, and the bride and groom liked it too. 


For this cake, I made marble cake made from French vanilla and chocolate fudge cake batter. It was filled and iced in buttercream. The border of each layer was wrapped with a pink satin ribbon that matched a ribbon worn by the bride. The white and pink colors also match the colors of the tiger lillies that made up the bride's bouquet. The cake was stacked on columns, and topped with a beautiful jeweled H that represented the newlyweds last name "Hill".


Congratulations to the happy couple!


No comments:

Post a Comment