Monday, July 23, 2012

Carter's Candy Cake

I'm always trying to find fun and creative ways to incorporate my favorite snacks and candies into recipes that I try, especially anything with chocolate. This deliciously chocolately cake was inspired by a similar cake photo that was liked by a friend of mine on Facebook. Once I saw the photo, I was like "OMG I have to make one of these!" (hehe) I posted the photo on my Facebook feed stating that it was my next project that I was going to try to attempt and within a few minutes I had someone requesting that I make the cake for them.


The Hill family (featured in the posts Hill Wedding Cake and Hill Wedding Anniversary Cake) were throwing a party for their son Carter, and asked me to make the cake for him. For this cake, I used chocolate fudge cake, and chocolate chip buttercream filling and icing. The outside of the cake was lined with Kit Kats, and original M&M's were used to create a fun colorful rainbow swirl on top of the cake as well as a bottom border at the base of each of the Kit Kats.


The cake was a big hit at the party. It was really fun to make, and one of my most favorite cakes that I've made. I am looking forward to attempting this cake again around Easter time with some pretty pastel colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment